Superior diet for hand feeding baby birds. High energy & fatty acid content, aids in feather growth and weight gain. High in nutrients.
- Balanced high-nutrient formula helps babies grow faster, wean earlier and develop stronger, brighter plumage
- Kaytee® is a Veterinarian Recommended Brand
- Contains probiotics to encourage a healthy population of intestinal microorganisms.
- Digestive enzymes are included to ensure adequate digestion of carbohydrates and proteins. These enzymes offer a particular value to a newly hatched baby or in a bird experiencing digestive difficulties.
- Exact Hand Feeding Formula has compatible tastes and ingredients with exact Conversion and exact Adult Daily Diets to help reduce digestive upsets during weaning
- This product is formulated for use with: Baby Parrots (including Parakeets, Lovebirds, Cockatiels, Conures, Cockatoos, Macaws, Amazons, African Greys, and other Psittacine) & Baby Passerines.
Baby birds should be fed on a routine schedule allowing the chick’s crop to empty (or nearly empty) between feedings and to determine if bird is being fed the right amount. This prevents any food remaining too long in the crop and possibly spoiling. If the time between crop emptying suddenly increases, and the crop appears to be slowing down, observe the chick closely. See “IMPORTANT NOTES” regarding crop-slow down.
Depending on feeding practices, exact High Fat Hand Feeding Formula can be used to extend the time between feedings or reduce the total number of feedings per day when compared to other formulas.